The kids and I headed into DC on the Metro (between the cherry blossoms, the National Marathon and the Nationals Opening weekend traffic was a nightmare), and emerged into the Mall which is the crowdest I've ever seen it.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Cherry Blossoms
It's that time of year again. Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC. The Cherry Blossoms were a gift from the Japanese in 1912 to Washington, to cement relations between Tokyo and Washington. It eventually turned full circle when the Japanese took some cuttings from these trees to regenerate the cherry trees back to Tokyo.
The kids and I headed into DC on the Metro (between the cherry blossoms, the National Marathon and the Nationals Opening weekend traffic was a nightmare), and emerged into the Mall which is the crowdest I've ever seen it.

Did I mention that the Smithsonian Kite Festival is also on today? As you can see, there were kites everywhere.



The kids and I headed into DC on the Metro (between the cherry blossoms, the National Marathon and the Nationals Opening weekend traffic was a nightmare), and emerged into the Mall which is the crowdest I've ever seen it.