Monday, August 6, 2007

Space Mountain

Number one suggestion is to ride the serious and most popular rides first thing in the morning, before the crowds and lines build. So Sam and I rode Space Mountain first thing.



Last time I rode it was 1994, and they've improved it muchly since then. Sam loved it, and we eventually rode it 4 times over our 2 days there. You can see Nathan and Ted behind us in the second row. They all have season passes and I think this was their 14th visit to the park. Nathan knew exactly when the photo was to be taken (actually taken at the end of our second day on our 4th ride).





Space Mountain is actually buried 20 feet underground so it doesn't overshadow Sleeping Beauty's Castle.



For those who don't know, Space Mountain is a high speed roller coaster, indoors, in the dark. with loud music and space type effects projected onto the walls.

Sam and I agreed that Space Mountain was definitely our favourite ride at Disneyland.