This weekend, a part of Old Town Alexandria is cordoned off and a big festival is held. Last year Sam and I rode past it on our bike ride to the airport. This year it was time to visit the festival. I could only convince
Gemma to accompany me on this warm day (about 32C, but high humidity), with the promise of some rides.

Here she is checking she's tall enough to ride the Carousel by herself.


She had some fun. Note the
Beany Baby Cheerleader she's brought along in her handbag!

Next stop was the swings. No hands Dad!


Following the swings, it was time for the Ferris Wheel. This thing
actually moved pretty quickly, and gave us a great view of the festival and beyond.




Out on the pier, we found a Lego Train Set on display. And yes, there is a Washington Lego train Association!

Pirate
Gemma doing her best
ARRRRRRRRRRRR! Note the sword (pink balloon) and Mermaid tattoo.

We also got to visit a tall ship which became our pirate ship.


No pirate is complete without their trusty cockatoo!

One final ride before leaving (
Gemma was ready to drive home in this car and found the horn early on!)
When we got home, Gemma and I headed off to the local pool where a water slide has just been installed. She had a great time with that too. Then, when the 15 minutes of adults only swimming came along, I along, with another dad from church made the most of the slide and made some decent splashes too. The kids found it entertaining but were worried we might break it (probably a good thing I didn't have my camera along for that!)