We have just returned from a fantastic 2 week vacation in Utah (+ a bit of Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico). I will post more soon (and photos). I would go so far as saying it was the best holiday we have done since we got to the US.
We visited
-where I used to work, The University of Utah
-where Liz used to work, the Snow Park Lodge at Deer Valley Ski Resort
-our friends the Lious who put us up again and hosted half the church on Christmas Eve
-Grace Baptist Church, where we used to worship when we lived in Utah all those years ago, and we had the honour of lighting the Advent Wreath on Christmas Eve and Gemma made her first public appearance playing on the piano
-Sugarhouse Park on 3 separate occasions where the kids loved sledding
-Alta Ski Resort twice where the kids learned to ski
-Deer Valley, where I got to have a day of skiing, just like the old days, including a piece of French Silk Pie
-the Edwards, where we spent most of Christmas Day
-Flagstaff, where we stayed with John and Katie for 3 nights
-the Grand Canyon
-Meteor Crater
-Lowell Observatory
-Four Corners
-Monument Valley
-Arches National Park and Delicate Arch (quite a hike)
-East High (of High School Musical Fame)
-Temple Square and Downtown Salt Lake City
-Utah Natural History Museum
-the Sokolskys on a return visit afer Sue visited with us earlier last year
- B&D and Crown Burgers
-the Highlands, where we used to live
-Game Night Games, a great games store where we spent far too much money and now have enough board games for the rest of our natural lives
Even though it had been almost 11 years since I had last been there and 15 years for Liz, not a whole lot had changed, and a good deal of our friends were still there and still the same.