Saturday, December 15, 2007

Leaves





Today was Leaf day in our household. I spent about 8 hours mowing, blowing and sucking up leaves from both the front and back yards, and filled about 30 bags in the process, which you can see neathly arranged ready for collection. Today was one of the few days where it was sufiicienly dry to gather the leaves. Liz and Alyssa had done some of the preliminary work, but both yards were still covered in leaves. As darkness fell, I filled the last bag. Some of our trees still have some leaves on them, but I am told that they never lose all of their leaves. We'll see if that's the truth in a couple of weeks.


Due to our warmer than normal weather (apart from the snow last week!), the trees have been rather confused, but most of the leaves have all come down at nearly the same time. Worse, some of the bulbs in our garden think it's spring.